Thursday, October 1, 2009

Shhhh! It's a Secret!

It seems as though there are never enough hours in the day. This past month I spent an incredible amount of time working on quilts and quilt blocks and I have almost nothing to show for those hours. That does not mean that I failed to make progress. It just means that I cannot SHOW you what I've been working on... yet! Okay, okay - so I'm terrible at keeping these kinds of secrets. Tonight, I tip-toed into my sewing room (shhhhh!!!) and took the picture (below) of a quilt I'm in the process of quilting. There are more photos to come in a couple of weeks, but this is a sneak-peak of one of two quilts that will debut at the big quilt International Quilting Association (IQA) show in Houston this month. Please don't tell anybody, okay?!!! It's supposed to be a surprise!

Sneak-peak picture of "Hugs and Kisses"

Stay tuned - I'll post more photos soon.
Happy sewing, everyone!


Sue Garman
(c)2009 Susan H. Garman

9 comments:

  1. another beauty
    oh and I hope the other one is the Baltimore Album quilt
    I can't wait for that pattern to come out!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely incredible! Makes my heart skip a beat. Looking forward to seeing more photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. Too beautiful for words! I can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous. Too beautiful for words! I can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your secret is safe with the millions of us that are following your blog but it will be hard it is a gorgeous quilt I can see why you are getting so excited

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Sue, you are a tease! I'm hoping that this will be the TQS BOM!?!??! Can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve for us for 2010! Sure hope to see you at the Quilt Fest and of course for dinner one night.
    Happy quilting,
    Wanda Myers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sue,

    Do you have an art background? I know that is not the field you worked in, but you are a
    multi-talented person. I too hope the next quilt show quilt is a Baltimore Album quilt.;}

    ReplyDelete
  8. In answer to Avon's question, I do not have an art background. Believe it or not, I am a licensed CPA who spent 37 years in the aerospace industry, including several years as the Associate Director of the Johnson Space Center. Surprise, surprise! But I have always loved art and been involved in supporting the arts through community groups.

    I am continuing to work on my Baltimore album quilt... but it looks like my distributor is delaying issuance of the patterns until later next year.

    Happy sewing everyone!
    Sue Garman

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilt is beautiful! I just discovered your blog and had great fun taking a quick trip through your past blogs! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete