Friday, July 18, 2008

It's Auction Time




So why haven't I finished more projects lately? Aahhhh... because I've been busy getting quilts ready for my guild's annual auction! Above is a photo of one of several quilts I've donated to the auction; it's a king-size quilt (you can see more items at www.lakeviewquiltersguild.org). I believe in supporting quilt guilds; they offer quiltmakers so many opportunities to learn, be inspired, and make friends. If you don't belong to a guild, consider joining one. If you don't have one near you, start one!

As I said in my previous post, quilting is therapeutic for me -- it's so relaxing! And so now that I'm all relaxed, I'd better get back to work. Projects are calling my name and each one wants to be first in line to be finished!

Happy stitching -
Sue
(c)2008 Susan H. Garman

3 comments:

  1. Sue,
    How do "outsiders" bid on your quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quilt is so beautiful, can we buy tickets too? Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. This quilt is one of many that will be auctioned off at my quilt guild's annual auction (Lakeview Quilters Guild - www.lakeviewquiltersguild.org). The auction will be held at St. Paul Catholic Church in Nassau Bay, Texas on the night of August 18th -- sorry, but you have to be there to bid on the quilt (and outbid others)!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete